Higher Level Teaching Assistant – MATERNITY COVER
Closing date: 16 February 2024
Interviews to be held: w/c 26 February 2024
Start Date: To be confirmed
Salary: Grade E, Points 10-14, £25,545-£27,334 FTE depending on level of experience. The salary is pro rata with term time working - £13.24-£14.17 per hour
Location: Kings Priory School, Tynemouth
Hours of Work: 35.00 hours per week – fixed term until the post holder returns.
We wish to appoint an outstanding Higher-Level Teaching Assistant to join our School. The successful candidate will be a highly committed, creative and energetic practitioner who is able to make a full contribution to further raising standards of achievement and to the wider life of the school.
The role will mainly entail PPA cover in Primary year groups from Reception to Year 6. Please include your curriculum strengths and interests in your application. We would be very interested in applicants with qualifications in Forest School, Music and Literacy. Experience of working with pupils with a wide range of needs including, dyslexia, and attachment disorder would be preferable. These roles may involve working with pupils on a one-to one support basis, small groups and in a classroom environment.
The post holder will be required to work flexibly as part of the teaching support staff with guidance from the relevant Phase Leader, Senior Leadership Team and class teachers in order to:
- Undertake whole class work, work independently to undertake PPA cover and/or cover appropriately for absent teachers, enabling pupils to actively engage in their learning and make appropriate progress.
- Lead in providing learning activities for groups of learners with the professional direction of a designated class teacher/phase leader.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons and assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Provide support to individual pupils with special needs or those pupils in receipt of targeted pupil premium funded support.
- Attend parents Evenings as and when required
Kings Priory School is one of the highest performing schools in North East of England, providing high quality education to over 1500 pupils aged 4 – 19. We are a school with excellent teachers, a family environment, motivated pupils and a commitment to educating the whole child both in and outside of the classroom. We are proud of our pupils who regularly achieve well above the national average in public examinations: *in 2022 at GCSE, 94% of pupils achieved a grade 4+ in English and 89% of pupils achieved a 4+ in Maths. In 2023 at GCSE, 93% of pupils achieved a grade 4+ in English and 94% of pupils achieved a 4+ in Maths.
Kings Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.