Built in 2012, The Sir Robert Woodard Academy boasts modern facilities arising from a £39m BSF contract. Recent years have seen capital additions of over £250k, contributing to a wide range of internal facilities such as fitness suite, theatre, sports hall, and sixth form. As the school grows in popularity, there is likely to be further expansion and development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Site Officer to join our committed and dedicated Facilities team as soon as possible, on a permanent and full time basis. We are looking for a polite and hard-working individual with a relevant trade, skill or qualification, or recent experience of working in a similar school role. The successful candidate will have a positive ‘can do’ approach and high personal and professional standards.
Please review the job description and person specification carefully; only those applicants who meet the essential requirements will be invited for interview.
The successful post-holder will:-
• Be well-presented with strong interpersonal skills and a good level of fitness is essential
• Have relevant trade skills/experience & able to do a range of duties, including some heavy lifting
• Show initiative, work well under pressure and be able to multi-task
• Actively contribute to keeping the site and grounds clean and presentable
• Be a team player who will consistently implement Academy policies
• Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Relate well to young people and adults alike
• Work flexibly and be comfortable with changing shifts and priorities.
The salary for this position is NJC Grade D, SCP 6-9: £19,698-£20,092 per annum (starting point depends on skills and experience). Annual leave entitlement is 25 days, plus all bank holidays.
Hours are 37 per week, Monday-Friday, working various shifts, plus call-outs and some evening/weekend working may be required.
Sir Robert Woodard Academy staff benefit from the following:-
• a modern and spacious working environment;
• strong and supportive collegial relationships;
• the opportunity for professional growth and development;
• free use of the Academy’s fitness suite;
• free on site car parking and easy access to local public transport;
• childcare voucher scheme;
• cycle to work scheme.
Quotes from last Ofsted report, Feb 2018:
"Staff morale is high."
"Pupils’ behaviour is good…Pupils come to lessons ready to learn.”
“An atmosphere of mutual trust and respect are strengths of the school.”
A Staff well-being survey commissioned externally in July 2020 for SRWA revealed that these were some of the areas our staff considers are ‘outstanding’:
Opportunity for staff to offer ideas
Opportunities for staff professional development
Support from line managers,
Appreciation of staff achievement/contribution,
Induction of new staff
Students' respect for staff/others.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share in this commitment. All posts will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The Academy is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date: 28 February 2021*
*Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to interview and, if necessary, appoint before the closing date, should a strong candidate be found.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.