St Peter's is a renowned successful school and sixth form in Guildford. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Teacher of Psychology, starting in January 2024.
About St Peter’s:
St Peter’s Catholic School, part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust, is an extremely successful school and sixth form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford, with onsite parking. Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources. Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent. We are also a partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
About the Psychology Department:
• As a department we are friendly, supportive, hardworking and passionate about our subject and using our knowledge of behaviour and cognition to inform our work.
• We currently deliver Psychology at A Level following the AQA specification.
• Psychology at St Peter’s has grown into a highly successful and popular subject. We now have 3 classes in year 12, 2 classes in year 13. Likely to further expand in the next academic year.
What we can offer you:
• An outstanding, high quality weekly training programme for NQT’s, to help you to become a confident, outstanding teaching professional.
• Excellent personal development at all levels with access to national professional qualifications for middle and senior management.
• One to one coaching as standard for all staff allowing for tailored departmental and professional development.
• Weekly CPD built into the school day.
• A friendly, supportive environment where best practice is shared to ensure high quality teaching and continuous development.
• All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• An enthusiastic and dynamic teacher able to teach A level Psychology.
• The ability to teach A Level Sociology and/or KS3 Science in addition to Psychology would be desirable, but not essential.
• Experienced and NQT applications are welcome.
• Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
As we are unable to offer a sponsorship, we can only accept applications from candidates that already have the right to work in the UK.
If you are passionate about your subject and want to really make a difference to the lives of young people then St Peter’s could be the school for you.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We do not want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
If you are interested in the position, but would like further information before applying please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.