Salary: Leadership range 11 - 16
Closing Date: 4th December 2023
Interview Date: 11th December 2023
Salesian is a co-educational 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school and is part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust.
Standards at the school are very high and students achieve exceptionally well. In last year’s GCSE examinations 46% of all grades were 7-9, 94% 4-9 and our overall Progress 8 was +0.8, with EHCP P8 0.86 and disadvantaged students P8 0.71. At A’ level 41% of grades were A*-A and 74% A*-B.
The school has 1400 students and is situated on two sites approximately one mile apart, near to the centre of Chertsey. The main school is situated at Guildford Road and our Sixth Form College has 467 students on its own site at Highfield Road.
In addition to the duties laid out in the latest edition of the School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document, the Assistant Headteachers will be expected to:
- Support the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher in their roles.
- Be a member of the Leadership Team, thus leading the monitoring, evaluation and development of all aspects of school life.
- Make a substantial contribution to the development and implementation of the school’s mission.
- Monitor, evaluate and develop the quality of learning and teaching throughout the school.
- Develop the skills of middle leaders, teachers and associate staff.
- Work with the Headteacher and Governors to develop, implement and evaluate a strategic vision.
- Secure the objectives of the School Development Plan.
- Share general aspects of whole school management (e.g. staff appointments, staff development activities, communicating with staff and parents, organising events…).
- Lead and secure success by ensuring the effective implication of school policy.
- Provide a significant presence
Please see Recruitment Pack attached for additional information.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.