St Peter's is an extremely successful school and Sixth Form in Guildford. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic Cover Supervisor to join our team. Start date as soon as possible.
The role of the Cover Supervisor is to supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers. The work for each class is set by the teacher who is absent, or by the department on his/her behalf. The primary focus is on managing the classroom environment, maintaining good behaviour and keeping pupils on task. You will respond to questions and generally assist pupils to undertake set activities. The Cover Supervisor is not expected to plan, mark work or set targets or homework. If you were planning to enrol on a Teacher Training Programme next year, this would give you great experience.
About St Peter’s:
St Peter’s Catholic School, part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust, is an extremely successful school and sixth form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford, with onsite parking. Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources. Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent. We are also a partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
What we can offer you:
• A friendly, supportive environment, where best practise is shared to ensure high quality teaching support.
• A varied workload with the necessary training and development to work effectively.
• A Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Support in obtaining QTS through the Teach Southeast training programme.
• All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• An extensive range of benefits and discounts with the Surrey County Council MyBenefits Scheme.
• You will need to have an adaptable and positive approach, enabling you to work with all age groups from Year 7 to Sixth Form, across all possible subjects.
• Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Educated at least to A Level standard with GCSE English and Maths at grade C or equivalent.
• Either looking to move on to a career in teaching, or committed to the role of Cover Supervisor.
• Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
If you are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people then St Peter’s could be the school for you.
The hours are 28 per week, 39 weeks per year, 8.30 - 3.15 daily with unpaid morning and lunch breaks. However there is an opportunity for paid duties during lunchtime and after school.
Surrey Pay Scale PS6 - £27,897 to £30,048 FTE
28 Hrs per week, term time only (39 weeks per year), actual salary - £18,666 to £20,105
If you would like to visit the school for an informal tour please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We don’t want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.