St Peter's is a renowned successful school and sixth form in Guildford. As we continue our journey, inspiring and compassionate leadership is central to our vision. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a dynamic and innovative Deputy Headteacher, starting in September 2024. The successful candidate’s main responsibility will be pastoral leadership of the school, empowering our great team of staff to deliver world class support, nurture and care for our young people. Everything you do will be underpinned by our values and the St Peter’s Rocks of Love, Courage, Justice, Service and Reflection.
About St Peter’s:
St Peter’s Catholic School, part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust, is an extremely successful school and Sixth Form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford. Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources. Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent. We are also a partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
What we can offer you:
• Excellent personal development at all levels with access to national professional qualifications.
• A friendly, supportive environment where best practise is shared to ensure high quality teaching and continuous development.
• A focus on staff welfare that goes beyond ‘cakes on a Friday’ ensuring staff feel supported, feel developed and feel empowered
• All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• A practising Catholic with great interpersonal skills and a commitment to Catholic education.
• A proven track record as an outstanding teacher and leader with a drive for excellence.
• Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
If you would like to visit the school for a tour prior to application or have any other queries, please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
Closing Date: Monday 19th February 2024 at midday.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We do not want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.