Thinking about teaching?
Need some experience in a Primary School?
Come and join us for a year’s experience as a Learning Support Assistant to help make up your mind! We have an established track record of preparing individuals for teacher training and we work closely with Teach South East to deliver SCITT training. Successful applicants could be supported to apply for, and complete, teacher training the following year if desired.
Graduate Learning Support Assistant required ASAP
We are a welcoming and successful 2-form entry primary school within the Xavier Catholic Education Trust. Our pupils are friendly, well-behaved and eager to learn.
The main duties of the role include :
• Working with small groups and providing 1:1 support for pupils
• Participating with teachers in planning, evaluation and implementation of learning activities and providing feedback on progress and behaviour
• Undertaking short-term class cover
• Supporting the classroom environment (preparing resources, displays, etc.)
• Lunchtime, break-time and after school club supervision
We are looking for someone who:
• Has high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
• Has strong interpersonal and organisational skills;
• Is enthusiastic about career development
• Will support the Catholic ethos of our school.
Actual salary £15,091 Mon-Fri 8.30am-3.30pm plus £6,190 for after school club supervision role (Mon-Fri 3.30-6.00pm), term time only
We warmly welcome the opportunity to show you around our lovely school, situated in a convenient location with close proximity to Hersham mainline station and a fast service to London Waterloo. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
Apply for this job either via ETeach or via the school website vacancy page
Closing date for applications is 18/09/2023 Interviews to take place w/c 25/09/2023
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.