St Peter's is a renowned successful school and sixth form in Guildford. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Teacher to be Head of our Music Department, starting in September 2021. MPS/UPS Fringe & TLR2 £4782.
About St Peter’s:
St Peter’s Catholic School, part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust, is an extremely successful school and sixth form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford, with onsite parking. Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources. Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent. We are also a partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
About the Music Department:
• The Music Department enjoys a reputation for excellence. We are at the heart of the school’s Catholic ethos and have a culture of academic success and community involvement.
• As a team we are friendly, hardworking, positive and passionate about our subject. We work hard to engage and inspire all students.
• The department benefits from dedicated teaching spaces and a purpose built Theatre, where we work closely with the Drama Department to put on regular, very successful student productions and school concerts.
• We run an extensive extra-curricular programme including four choirs, String Ensemble, Folk Band, Jazz band, Guitars & Ukuleles and Orchestra.
What we can offer you:
• A TLR2 £4782
• Excellent personal development at all levels with access to national professional qualifications for middle and senior management.
• A friendly, supportive environment where best practise is shared to ensure high quality teaching and continuous development.
• An extensive range of benefits and discounts with the Surrey County Council MyBenefits Scheme.
• All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
We are looking for a highly motivated and engaging teacher of Music, able to teach outstanding lessons to all Key stages and all abilities. You should have a proven track record of delivering high quality teaching and achieving outstanding student progress. If you have the ability to inspire students and staff with a vision and drive to build on the strength of the department then we would love to hear from you.
Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
We welcome applications from experienced leaders, but will also consider applications for the right candidate who is looking to move into their first middle leadership position.
If you are passionate about your subject and want to really make a difference to the lives of young people then St Peter’s could be the school for you.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We do not want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
For more information about the school and the position, please visit the school website St Peter's Catholic School - Vacancies
If you would like to visit the school for a tour or have any other queries, please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.