We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed IT Technician to join the expanding IT team within the Xavier Catholic Education Trust.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in an IT support role and be able to display a high level of technical expertise.
If successful, you will predominantly be based at our main site in Chertsey but expected to visit a number of schools in Surrey carrying out hardware/software installations, IT administration, troubleshooting, health checks and maintenance of peripherals and network infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant professional qualifications and at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- High level of initiative
- Good working knowledge of PCs, servers and associated operating systems
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies
- Office 365 administration experience
- Good problem-solving skills
- Practical abilities in undertaking repairs and solving practical problems
- Understanding of the impact of Health and Safety and Data Protection in the context of IT
- Good understanding and compliance with Child Protection procedures
- Compliance with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality
- Commitment to working as a team player
- Customer focused
- Capacity to work very hard under pressure
- Personal integrity and the drive to do what is best for the students
- Evidence through DBS check and recruitment process of their suitability for working with children.
In return, the role offers 26 days annual leave (rising to 30 days after 5 years) plus bank holidays.
The successful candidate will require a valid UK Driving Licence and a vehicle is essential.
Salary: XS5 £24,977 - £26,886 per year dependant on experience.
Full Time: 36 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Closing date: Monday 25th September 2023
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.