Learning Support Assistant (LSA) - 30 hours per week
8:45 until 3:15pm every day, with 30 mins for lunch.
We are looking for LSAs to support the learning of all children. This is a class based position, working alongside the class teacher. Duties will include supporting with reading, leading small groups and adapting tasks for children with special educational needs. We are particularly interested in graduates considering a future career in teaching who would be supported to progress to Initial Teacher Training with the Xavier Teaching Hub, however other suitable candidates are equally welcomed. If you are considering applying we suggest you come to meet the headteacher and see the school. Call Mrs Wort, the Head's PA to arrange a visit.
We are looking for applicants who:
• Are supportive of our Catholic ethos
• Are excited and enthusiastic about learning
• Can inspire and motivate children and are committed to raising standards through example and innovation
• Can adapt learning for children with varied educational needs
• Have good spoken English
• Have GCSE grade C or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English
• Have competent ICT skills
• Are flexible, resilient, professional, personable team players
• Enjoy working with amazing, happy, chatty children!
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Previous experience of working with children and young people is desirable but not essential.
The Marist is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is essential for these positions.
Interviews will be held asap for the right candidate.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.