We are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join our team as soon as possible
St Polycarp’s Catholic Primary School is a two form entry school, serving a rich and diverse community. We are located in Farnham close to the town centre, train station and lots of green space! We have a well established reputation for providing excellent education and for developing a love of learning, creativity, independence and are ambitious for all. We are a vibrant, happy community where the Gospel values form the basis of our ethos and teaching, helping children to face challenges with confidence and resilience.
We are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to support children with specific needs and carry out lunchtime supervision. The successful candidate will have:
• Enthusiasm and a determination to make a difference to pupils progress and development.
• The ability to support pupils through the delivery of specific learning programmes.
• The drive to promote successful learning for pupils.
• The skills to work as part of a team as well as through their own initiative.
• English and Maths (GCSE Equivalent A-C).
• IT skills and knowledge to support learning.
• High expectations of themselves and the children they work with.
• The ability to promote independence in children.
• The successful candidate will work under the direction of the class teacher and SENCO.
• Previous experience of working with children with additional needs would be beneficial
We can offer:
• Welcoming and friendly staff with a supportive, dynamic, experienced and forward-thinking leadership team
• Children we are proud of and who are eager to learn
• Opportunities for career development and a commitment to personal development and training
• Bespoke facilities, which include a large tree lined playing field, a multi-use games area, two playgrounds, two halls, trim trails and a new IT suite.
Visits to the school prior to application are very welcome, please contact the school office to organise a tour. Centrally located to good transport routes, the school is a five minute walk from Farnham train station.
St Polycarp’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, pre-interview references and an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.