St Peter's is an extremely successful school and Sixth Form in Guildford. Due to a number of our Teaching Assistants progressing their career to start their teacher training with us in September, we have an exciting opportunity to appoint enthusiastic and dynamic Teaching Assistants to join our Learning Support team. Start date 6th September 2021.
About St Peter’s:
St Peter’s Catholic School, part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust, is an extremely successful school and sixth form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford, with onsite parking. Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources. Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent and we have a very good reputation for excellent pastoral care and inclusion. We are also a partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
About the Learning Support Department:
• As a team, we are friendly, hardworking, positive and passionate about our students.
• The department works closely with SEND, Pupil Premium, EAL and disadvantaged students, parents, heads of year, and subject staff to support individual needs and ensure the inclusion of every student between Years 7 and 13.
• The department consists of a SENCO a Deputy SENCO and 20 dedicated, experienced Teaching Assistants.
• Our Teaching Assistants not only provide support in the classroom, but also lead small groups for students who would benefit from catch-up literacy, numeracy, study skills and social skills.
• We are a lively, friendly and busy department, with a challenging and varying role within the school.
What we can offer you:
• A friendly, supportive environment, where best practise is shared to ensure high quality teaching support.
• A varied workload with the necessary training and development to work effectively.
• A Local Government Pension Scheme.
• All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• An extensive range of benefits and discounts with the Surrey County Council MyBenefits Scheme.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals who are educated at least to A Level standard with GCSE English and Maths at grade C or equivalent. The position would suit someone either looking to move on to a career in teaching, or committed to the role of Teaching Assistant. You must have a positive and flexible attitude towards students and understand the issues, which affect their learning. You should be tactful, diplomatic and self-confident with a good sense of humour!
Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
The hours are 28 per week, 8.30 - 3.15 daily with unpaid morning and lunch breaks. However there is an opportunity for paid duties during lunchtime and after school.
Surrey Pay Scale PS4 - £19,422 to £21,416 FTE
28 Hrs per week, term time only (39 weeks per year), actual salary - £12,995 to £14,329
If you would like to visit the school for an informal tour please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We don’t want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.