St Polycarp’s Catholic Primary School is a two form entry school, serving a rich and diverse community. We are a vibrant, happy community where the Gospel values form the basis of our ethos and teaching. We have a well established reputation for providing excellent education and for developing a love of learning, creativity, independence and are ambitious for all. Applications are warmly welcome from Catholic and Non-Catholic candidates.
The successful candidate will have:
• Enthusiasm and a determination to make a difference to all pupil’s progress and development.
• The ability to support pupils through the delivery of specific learning programmes.
• The drive to promote successful learning for pupils.
• The skills to work as part of a team as well as through their own initiative.
• English and Maths (GCSE Equivalent A-C).
• IT skills and knowledge to support learning.
• High expectations of themselves and the child they work with.
• The ability to promote independence in a child.
• The successful candidate will work under the direction of the class teacher.
• Work in accordance with the school’s safeguarding policy.
8.30am-3.15pm Monday to Friday. Term time only plus selected inset days (38.6 weeks).
Total of 35 hours per week (25 hours Learning Support Assistant and 5 hours Lunchtime Supervisor)
Learning Support Assistant Salary Grade XCET 4 £20,722-£22,716 FTE (£12,252-£13,431 pro rata). Lunchtime Supervisor Salary Grade S1/2 £19,233 FTE (£2,239 pro rata).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.