Job Title: 1-1 Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
School: Our Lady and St Edward’s Catholic Primary School
Salary: Band 3 actual salary £14,856 pa (salary reflects Term Time Only hours)
Contract term: Temporary (1 year), term time only
Contract type: 32.5 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 21 May 2021 (9.00 am)
Start Date: 31 August 2021
Our Lady and St Edward’s Catholic Primary School in Nottingham are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and empathetic Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and hard-working team. This post is to work with a named student with additional needs.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is:
• Able to aid the pupils to lean as effectively as possible in both group situations, and individually.
• well organised, with high expectations of pupil attainment and progress.
• flexible and enthusiastic.
• able to show initiative.
• able to work collaboratively with all members of the school community - in particular the class teachers.
We will offer you:
• a warm and welcoming school community with a strong Catholic ethos.
• children who are confident, happy and eager to learn and achieve.
• a fun, supportive and committed school team led by passionate leaders.
• a commitment to developing your CPD
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For further information, or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office.
The Trust and Our Lady and St Edward’s Catholic Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
Closing date: Friday 21 May 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate would be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.