An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong, calm and resilient candidate to support teaching and learning at Stoughton Infant School in Guildford. This role will involve work 1-1 with children who have additional learning and/or social, emotion and mental health needs.
Hours: 30 hours per week (8:45am - 15:15pm Monday to Friday)
Weeks: Term time plus 5 INSET days
Stoughton Infant School is a successful infant school in Guildford, which is part of the merged Athena Schools Trust and Guildford Educational Partnership.
At Stoughton we believe that education is a partnership between us and our community and we have to work together to get the very best outcomes for our children.
In our most recent parent survey, it was regularly commented that the school is child centred, inclusive, encouraging and nurturing with a community feel.
We are looking for somebody who is:
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to getting the best outcomes for our children
• Is very resilient and remains calm under pressure
• Has a positive outlook and a calm demeanour
• Previous experience of working with children
• Has the ability to use their own initiative.
• Has a good level of general education (including Maths & English GCSE Grade A-C or equivalent)
In return our we can offer:
• A supportive, hardworking and friendly team who are committed to achieving the best for our children
• Happy and caring pupils
• A nurturing and caring ethos
• Training opportunities for continuing professional development
In order not to miss out on recruiting high calibre candidates, interviews may be arranged before the closing date. Interested persons are therefore encouraged to submit their application forms as soon as possible.
Interviews are likely to be held in w/c 10th January 2022
Stoughton Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.