1-1 Teaching Assistant
Grade C: £17,160 -£19,240 FTE (£6,541- £7,334 Pro-Rata)
12.00 – 3.20pm Fixed Term for 1 year (term time only)
16 hours 40 minutes per week
Start Date ASAP
Meon Infant School is an “Outstanding” two form entry school in Milton in the South of Portsmouth. We are a small school with a big heart and work in partnership with the local community and other nearby schools.
We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT) which is made up of a family of schools working together to improve the life chances of young people.
It is our mission to nurture every child to both ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
We believe that it is important for the whole school community, children, staff, parents and governors, to work together to provide the best possible education for your child. We pride ourselves on having high standards and expectations and we hope that you will support us in our work to achieve these.
We have an opportunity to join our school as a 1 to 1 Teaching Assistant supporting in class and at lunchtime to enable access to learning by supervising and assisting across a wide range of activities and supported learning.
The successful candidate will:
• have experience of working with young people to support their physical and mental wellbeing and will possess excellent written and communication skills
• experience working as a TA, ideally on a 1:1 basis
• level 2 or Level 3 qualified as a TA or other relevant qualification
• be educated to a minimum requirement of Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics and good ICT skills
• have high levels of motivation, energy and commitment with a reflective approach to the role
• have the ability to work to build positive relationships with students and their parents/carers essential.
• be able to demonstrate that they can work as both part of a team and contribute to the effective organisation of the school with administrative support.
Closing date: 5th October 2020 Interviews will take place: To Be Confirmed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be found.
Meon Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.