We are seeking to employ an inspiring, dedicated one to one Teaching Assistant to work with a named pupil in key stage 3, Preference will be given to someone with knowledge and experience of SEN.
Crowdys Hill is a dynamic and forward thinking special school for pupils with moderate learning difficulties and complex needs from across the Borough of Swindon.
For this role you will need to:-
- Support pupils with particular needs in developing effective relationships with peers, younger pupils and adults, challenging anti-social behaviour e.g. racism.
- Help pupils with particular needs regarding self-reliance and confidence in a range of areas including decision making, problem solving and general life skills, and deal in a positive way with their emotions.
- Working with individuals and groups, provide support for multilingual/ bilingual pupils and enable them to access the curriculum.
- Working with the class teacher, specialist teacher or SENCo, support pupils with communication and interaction difficulties, including the use of sign language and Braille.
- Working with the class teacher, specialist teacher or SENCo, support pupils with sensory and/or physical impairment, including the use of mobility aids, Braille machines and ICT.
- Provide support to pupils with cognition and learning difficulties to develop effective learning strategies and support them working individually, as part of a group or with the whole class.
- Genuinely interested in children's education?
- Passionate about working with pupils with special educational needs?
- Someone with the aptitude and desire to work with pupils who have complex learning needs?
- A creative thinker, looking to be part of a highly effective multi-disciplinary team?
- Able to support physical, emotional, personal care needs of children (training given)?
- A team player who will be able to contribute positively to further develop an exciting curriculum?
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the pupils?
- Willing to work out in the community supporting our pupils on work experience and in their off-site lessons.
- Able to carry out personal care and manual handling duties (training will be given).
- Prepared to work through lunch, usually supervising children in the dining hall under Mid-Day Supervisor Assistant pay.
If you are, then we can offer:
- Friendly and supportive staff.
- Supportive school, committed to achieving exceptionally high standards.
- An interesting, diverse and exciting career.
- Small class sizes to allow you to give more time and individual attention to pupils.
- A strong ethos and a commitment to collaborative working.
- A commitment to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children and young people.
- A sense of achievement at the end of a day.
We welcome applications from people who have had a diverse employment history, or postgraduates looking for experience in their gap year.
In accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, jobholders should take reasonable care to ensure that personal data is not disclosed outside Council procedures, or use personal data held on others for their own purposes. In accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, ensure requests for non-personal information are dealt with in accordance with the Council’s written procedures.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required. Applicants must have GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in English and Maths - proof of this will be required if you are selected for interview.
Applicants must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the immigration act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).
Closing date for applications: Monday 14 June 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 21 June 2021
This advert may close sooner if we get a suitable applicant so please apply early.
Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all post holders are subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure and employment checks.
References will be called and checked prior to interview. The right to work in the UK and qualifications will be checked at the time of the interview.