Hours: 10 Hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 1.30pm – 3.30pm)
Salary: Hay 9 (£5,198 - £5,733 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021 subject to budget review.
‘St. Stephen’s C of E Junior School is a place where teachers make lessons inspiring, motivating and relevant. Pupils thrive in all aspects of their learning.’ Ofsted September 2015
St. Stephen’s C of E Juniors is an outstanding school situated in Kingswood, South Gloucestershire and close to the City of Bristol border.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teaching assistant who has a passion for learning, will put the needs of our children first and have excellent interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a flexible and confident team player who has had experience working with children with special educational needs in a primary school setting.
The role involves supporting a child 1:1 (under the guidance of a class teacher) and helping to make and maintain a positive, well organised and efficient environment.
• Have high levels of literacy and numeracy and excellent interpersonal skills;
• Be able to inspire, motivate and support our pupils, encouraging inclusion for all;
• Take every opportunity to develop pupils’ language, reading, writing and maths skills.
In return, we can offer:
• An outstanding, thriving and vibrant school;
• A happy and positive working environment and enthusiastic children who want to learn;
• Opportunities for development and to make a difference in our forward thinking school;
• Friendly and supportive colleagues who are committed to improvement.
We have a fixed term contract available, working Monday to Friday from 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Unfortunately, due to the current situation, we are unable to offer visits to our school but please take a look at our website.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date for the post is Friday 5th June 12 noon.
St Stephen's Church of England Junior School, Soundwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.