Hours: 30 Hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 3.15pm)
Salary: Hay 10 (£13,848 - £14,695 per annum)
This post is temporary supporting a child and will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
St Stephen’s is a three form entry infant school based in Kingswood, Bristol. We are seeking to appoint a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to provide 1:1 support for a Y1 child with social and emotional needs.
We believe in a child-centred approach to learning and we are currently developing continuous provision in Reception and Y1.
You will be joining an experienced and committed team.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Has a positive outlook and a good sense of humour
• Commits to realising our vision
• Is a reflective and flexible practitioner
• Has high expectations for all children to succeed.
• Understands the importance of developing and maintaining positive relationships with all members of our school community.
• A welcoming, inclusive, caring school where everyone is valued
• Friendly, well-behaved and enthusiastic learners
• A dedicated and motivated staff team who strongly believe in teamwork and support each other fully
• A ‘Challenge for All’ approach to learning with a focus on children developing as confident, independent learners who work hard, try their best and keep on going.
• Access to high quality CPD opportunities within school, from a range of external providers and through our membership of the Aspire Hub (South Glos Teaching Alliance)
• A school that is creative, innovative and an exciting place to work
‘St Stephen’s Infant School sees the children as individuals and not just a number. The quality of care is of the highest standard. The teaching makes learning fun for my child.
St Stephen’s is the best start in life for any child.’ – Parent/Carer view July 2019
‘I feel that St Stephen’s is a great infant school. Very caring, friendly and nurturing. Teaching the children to be independent and to always try their best.’
– Parent/Carer view July 2019
Please ensure your supporting statement outlines:
• How you would help promote high quality learning for our learners
• How you are qualified to carry out the role of SEN Teaching Assistant
• How you would help contribute to realising St. Stephen’s Infant School’s vision
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th July at 9am.
St Stephen's Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.