We are seeking an experienced, highly organised and flexible administrator/receptionist to join our busy and harmonious team.
Our school is a large primary school in a leafy area of W5 near to Ealing Broadway. Judged outstanding in 2012, we were also awarded Teaching School status in 2016. We have a very supportive community of parents/carers, an active PTFA and a mutually supportive team of teachers and support staff.
The successful applicant will be someone who:
• Embraces the challenges of a busy school office environment
• Uses their own initiative and enthusiasm in their approach to work
• Can work well as part of a team
• Is able to undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone, face-to-face enquiries and signing in visitors
• Understands how to communicate both verbally and in writing effectively with children and adults alike
• Has excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel to an intermediate level (shortlisted applicants will be tested prior to interview).
• Can demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Has experience of development, management and operation of administrative systems
• Is aware of and can comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, security, confidentiality and data protection
• Is willing to adhere to school health and safety policy including risk assessment and safety systems.
As part of the interview process, successful shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a key skills test.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Prospective applicants are welcome to visit the school prior to applying. Please contact the school office to make arrangements.
CVs will not be accepted. Only applications on the application form will be considered.
Closing date: Tuesday, 16th October 2018 at midday. Shortlisted candidates will be notified on the same day and interviews will take place on Friday, 19th October 2018 . The school reserves the right to meet early applicants before the deadline.
Montpelier Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.