Employment Development Manager
18 month Fixed Term Contract from January 1st 2019 until 1st July 2020
We require for January 2019 an Employment Development Manager to join our popular, welcoming and supportive Academy based at Project Search, Nottingham City Hospital.
Based at Nottingham City Hospital - Project Search
Grade: FT Scale Point 35-45 £31,401 -£40,858. Pro Rata salary £11,614.50 - £15,112.43
Hours and Terms: 16 hours per week over 4 days (flexible by mutual agreement) - Term Time Only
Responsible to: Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher
Direct Supervisory responsibility for: NUH Project SEARCH personnel
Indirect Supervisory responsibility: Academy based staff and i-work personnel
We are looking for a candidate that will:
Build and maintain working relationships with:
- Employers and the Employment Sector
- Academy based staff, pupils, parents & governors in mainstream schools
- Other Nottinghamshire Special Schools
- Disability Employment Development Services – National and Regional
- LA officers and Senior Managers
- Specialist agencies & voluntary Sector including the School’s charitable arm ‘Friends of Foxwood.’
- Community networks including Broxtowe Borough Council
- DfE personnel as appropriate
- Project SEARCH UK
- School Leadership Team
- Board of Governors
We will offer you:
- Training and CPD to suit your individual requirements
- A committed, friendly, welcoming and supportive staff team
- Excellent support from the headteacher, senior leadership team and governing body
- High quality and bespoke professional and career development opportunities
Main Purpose of Job:
- To secure job outcomes for young adults with additional needs (SEND) from within the Academy and beyond. To be responsible for the formation, co-ordination and delivery of the Schools Employment and Employability Strategy in collaboration with the LA and Other agreed partners.
- To Lead and Manage the Academy’s Employment Initiatives, primarily Project SEARCH, whilst working towards widening participation to partner institutions. This will include the day to day management of the SEARCH site and attendance at the SEARCH Steering Group.
- Supporting the development of the Academy’s ambition to introduce Post 19 provision in the near future and the associated business strategy.
- Generating income (where possible) for Post 19 learners with access to personal budgets/direct payments.
Please see Job Description and Person Specification attached for further information on this role.
Closing date: Friday 16th November 2018 4pm
Interviews: Expected W/C 19th November 2018
Foxwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.