Inspire nurture achieve
We wish to appoint a motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and skilled Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team.
- Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant with a good understanding of current practice?
- Are you an aspiring Teaching Assistant with relevant transferable skills?
- Are you proactive and willing to go “above and beyond” to achieve the best outcomes for our children?
We are looking to appoint an SEN Teaching Assistant to work in Year 3, supporting a child with an EHCP. Your experience in supporting children with SEN needs and being able to interpret a curriculum to support a child’s needs, whilst demonstrating patience, adaptability and empathy will make you an ideal candidate.
The post is offered on a fixed term contract to 31st July 2018, commencing asap. Funding for this post is dependent on SEND funding for 19/20.
The Greville Primary School is a large, friendly and supportive Primary School. We are a very popular school and highly valued by children, pupils, parents and Governors.
We wish to appoint a motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and skilled Teaching Assistant to join our driven and dedicated team. We are looking for a colleague who is able to work independently and who also enjoys working collaboratively, under the guidance of teaching staff. You will be delivering high quality support, focusing on improving outcomes for our pupils.
Teaching Assistant 23.75 hours per week, 5 days a week Monday to Friday, term time only. Hours: Monday 8.45am – 1.15pm and Tuesday to Friday 8.45am - 3.30pm + inset days. FTE salary £16,334 (pro rata salary £9,091.80).
In addition to the Teaching Assistant hours, you will be working 6.25 hours per week as a Midday Supervisor, 1.25 hours per day Mon to Fri 12 noon to 1.15pm, annual FTE salary £16,334 (pro rata salary £2,355.39).
Hours and days are non-negotiable, due to the standard timetable pattern across the school for all classroom support staff.
We are looking for someone who;
• is an excellent practitioner with enthusiasm and commitment
• is creative and enjoys making activities fun in order to inspire, motivate, engage and enthuse our pupils to love learning and aspire for great things
• possess excellent numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE or equivalent level C or above in Maths and English)
• has a range of effective positive behaviour management strategies
• who would be able to assist Teachers in assessing pupils’ progress
• has high expectations of themselves and pupils' achievements
• has patience, calmness, initiative and resilience.
• is an excellent team player with good communication skills and an ability to work flexibly, alongside a range of children and adults
• be willing to contribute to the broader life of the school community
• has experience of working with primary age children
• understands the physical, emotional, social and educational needs of young children
• has a warm nurturing personality and an understanding and commitment to the families and children in our community
The Greville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Clearance
All short listed applicants will need to provide evidence of Maths and English qualification grade C or above at GCSE or equivalent at the interview. Closing date for applications is Monday 12th November 2018 at 9am. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 14th November 2018.