The retirement of our long-serving Headteacher has created a unique opportunity to lead our forward-thinking and vibrant school. We are looking for an inspirational and passionate person who is ready to take on the challenges of an inner-city multicultural school and make a real impact on the lives of our children.
At the heart of our philosophy is the development of happy, resilient and confident children, who are fully prepared for life’s challenges. Our ethos of creating life-long learners within a calm, kind and caring environment pervades every aspect of the school and is evident the moment you enter.
We work closely as a team, aiming for improvement in a positive, professional and caring environment to ensure that staff and children alike can reach their full potential.
Governors wish to continue to build upon what makes Bridge Junior School a very special place, and recognise the key role that the Headteacher will have in continuing to develop and move forward.
The Governing Body is looking to recruit someone who has:
a clear educational philosophy
- innovative and creative thinking skills who will inspire and lead our whole school team
- an understanding of the context of our school and the ever-evolving needs of our children and community
- an understanding of the ethos of Bridge and who can develop their own vision for the school which builds upon this strong foundation
- high expectations and aspirations that will inspire children, staff and governors to maintain existing high standards of achievement
- good interpersonal skills that will nurture and develop the close links with our ethnically diverse community
- natural communication skills, enthusiasm, approachability and a sense of humour
In return, we can offer:
a school of happy, thoughtful and respectful children
- a team of dedicated, experienced and highly professional staff
- a supportive leadership team
- a strong, supportive and approachable Governing Body
This is an excellent opportunity to join a nurturing school which is highly regarded by the local and wider community.
School group size: 3 No. on roll: 360
To view our current prospectus, please visit the school website.
Closing date: 12:00pm on Monday 1st April 2019
Interviews: 11th and 12th April 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.