“Growing together on a journey with Jesus”
Full Time Class Teacher required for September 2019
Salary: MPS 1-6/UPS 1-3
Would you like to share your gifts and talents in an outstanding Catholic school that strives for excellence in all areas?
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School is a thriving and inclusive school at the very heart of the community and parish it serves. As an Ofsted ‘outstanding’ school and a designated National Teaching School, we permanently look to develop teachers in an effort to make a real impact on the lives of our children. Consequently, we are seeking to appoint an inspirational and innovative teacher who possesses the skills and passion to ensure every child ‘grows on their journey with Jesus’.
We are looking for someone who is:
• A practicing Catholic or committed to sustaining the strong Catholic Ethos of the school.
• Creative and highly motivated, with a passion for providing quality learning experiences.
• Emotionally intelligent, placing immense value on developing the whole child.
• Able to communicate effectively with children, parents, colleagues and governors.
• Prepared to use research in a proactive and creative manner in order to reflect upon and develop their own practice.
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and cherished children who take great pride in attending St Anthony’s.
• A fantastic team of dedicated and supportive staff who strive to have an impact on children’s lives.
• An attractive, stimulating and well-organised learning environment.
• Supportive and committed parents and governors.
• The freedom to be creative and innovative when delivering a broad and balanced curriculum.
• The opportunity to forge a career pathway through effective and supportive CPLD, as well as guidance from an innovative and experienced Leadership Team.
As a National Teaching School, we would welcome applications from teachers at any stage in their career: from NQTs to teachers seeking to be guided on their career path. We can offer opportunities for effective teachers to become Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs), whilst broadening leadership experiences beyond the classroom through our support of other schools.
‘This school inspires faith, hope and excellence.’ (S48 October 2015)
Our priority is to appoint the best teacher for our children, therefore year groups and areas of expertise can be negotiated. Interested? If so, we would like to meet you. Prospective candidates are actively encouraged to visit the school prior to application; visits can be arranged (and are positively welcomed) by contacting the school on 0113-2776944 or by emailing the headteacher, Miss Lisa Leonard (see how to apply)
Application packs are available to download from our school website. Please use the CES application form.
Closing date: 12 noon on Tuesday 16th April 2019.
Shortlisting: Tuesday 16th April 2019.
Interview date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019.
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and must be prepared to apply for ISA registration if required.
We promote diversity and desire a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
Aspiring to be a future specialist leader of education (SLE) in a school committed to providing
leadership opportunities beyond the classroom.
St Anthony's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.