Hours: 25 hours per week, 7:00am – 12:00 noon, Monday-Friday, all year round contract. Additional hours may be available for lettings.
Actual Salary: £13,476 - £14,301 (NJC 8 - 11)
Place of work: Initially based at Fonthill Primary Academy. However, all appointments are made to the Trust centrally.
Application closing date: 9.00 AM on Tuesday 15th October 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 22nd October 2019
Start date: ASAP
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools in Bristol and the surrounding area. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Little Mead Primary Academy, Henbury Court Primary Academy and Fonthill Primary Academy, and in September 2019 we opened Charlton Wood, a brand new primary school.
This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of outstanding schools with ambition for every child.
The Successful Candidate
We are looking to appoint an individual who is self motivated, reliable organised and committed to making a difference to ensure that our school is safe, secure and the best environment it can be for our pupils, staff and visitors.
The post holder’s responsibilities include:
- Safety and security of the school
- Maintenance and premises development including general repairs
- Administration of maintenance and H&S records
- Supervision and monitoring of contractors
It is essential that the post holder quickly builds effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders including contractors and school staff.
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own leaders. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer enhanced terms and conditions of employment (compared to standard teacher/local authority entitlements), a friendly working environment with supportive leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
Due to the nature of this role, in agreement with line managers and in line with the school’s requirements, we are willing to consider limited flexible working arrangements such as time off in lieu.
Guidance for Applicants
- Please note that CVs will not be considered.
- Look carefully at the job description and person specification before applying for this role.
- Ensure that you cross-reference the person specification throughout your application.
- Try and provide examples of times you have fulfilled all aspects of the job description, and the impact it had.
- Please complete all sections of the application form as thoroughly as possible.
- Ensure that you put details of referees. If you have concerns about the suitability of a referee, please contact the recruiter directly.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.