Greenfield E-ACT Academy are looking for 1:1 Learning Support Assistants to commence employment early September 2022 ready for the new academic year.
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who is able to demonstrate the skills required to be effective in this important role:
- Demonstrable knowledge of how children learn and how to motivate them
- Demonstrable knowledge of strategies for spelling, reading and number skills
- Relevant educational experience supporting a child/children in a primary school setting
- Experience of working with children who have a wide variety of educational needs
- Experience of working with children who have experienced trauma
- Experience of working with children with autism
- Experience of working with children who have EHCP
The contracts on offer are full time (32.5 hours per week) and are fixed term rolling contracts based on funding. We require the successful candidates to commence employment on 01/09/2022, and the actual salary ranges from £15,112.51 - £17,019.07 per annum depending on experience (Full Time Equivalent £19,650 - £22,129)
Our Academy - Greenfield E- ACT Primary Academy:
An innovative and creative primary academy in Knowle, Bristol. From Nursery to Year 6, our children feel valued, safe and happy.
Come join our team:
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
We can offer you:
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school
- Well-resourced classrooms; A group of children with a passion for learning
- local government pension scheme
- 30 day holiday entitlement
- Free support from our employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Part of the E-ACT family:
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 15,400 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country. E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 25 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
How to apply:
The closing date for applications is Sunday 12th June 2022 at 18:00. Interviews are scheduled for 21/06/2022 however this is subject to change.
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form via our recruitment platform Faced.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
All E-ACT academies, the Ambassadors and Headteachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, and undergo appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS check. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.