We are looking for 1 Special Needs Learning Support Assistant/SMSA.
Length of contract: This contract is attached to a named child and is dependent on High Needs funding which will be re-applied for in April 2020
Our supportive and friendly primary school are looking for a patient, flexible and resourceful person to join our caring, committed, Learning Support Team and to work within the Key stage 1 team working 1:1 with a named child. The job requires the following skills:
- To have knowledge and experience of SEND especially Autism
- To have knowledge and experience of special needs within a school setting
- To liaise with outside agencies and attend related meetings
- To put recommended actions into place in the classroom
- To communicate with parents daily
- Secure experience of supporting and guiding children in the KS1 curriculum
- Knowledge of writing, reading and phonic development
- A passion and commitment to children achieving their potential.
- Reliability and good organisation skills
The contract is for 23 hours per week. Term time only.
- 4 mornings (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri) from 8.45 – 12.15 - BG5
- Wednesday morning from 8.45 – 11.45 and 1 hour in the afternoon 1.15-2.15 – BG5
- 5 lunch times from 12.15-1.15 at BG2
In summary 18 hours at Bristol Grade 5 and 5 hours at BG2
Job Type: Teaching Assistant and SMSA
Expiry: Reviewed end of April 2020 based on High Needs funding application.
Employer: Knowle Park Primary School
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Bristol grade 5, scale pt 12. Salary £15,523 - £16,572 (pro rata)
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract to end of April 2020 initially when funding will be reapplied for.
Closing Date: 26th September @12.00 midday
Short listing: 27th September 2019
Interview Date: 2nd October 2019
Knowle Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.