1:1 Level 2 Learning Support Assistant
27.5 hours a week, 39 weeks per year
Fixed Term until 09 July 2021
Mowmacre Hill Primary School is seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant for a one-to-one position supporting a child. We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and highly motivated person who will be committed to improving outcomes for all of our children, along with a passion for providing inspirational learning experiences.
• NVQ 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning, or equivalent or able to demonstrate the ability to meet the STL Level 2 National Occupational Standards relevant to this post.
• Level 2 qualifications in Maths/Numeracy and English/Literacy is desirable.
• Experience of supporting teaching and learning in a formal setting.
Why Choose Us:
Our school is a fantastic place to be - we have a dedicated team who support our children, we strive for excellence and are united in providing experiences that will support our children in their life-long learning. We encourage all children to have high aspirations – giving them experiences and a voice to aspire to whatever they wish to be. The wellbeing of our children is equally important to us and we put this at the heart of everything that we do for our pupils and the families.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What We Offer:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
• Access to employee assistance programme.
Closing date for applications is the 15 October 2020 at 09:00am.
Interviews to be held on 29 October 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.