To work as part of the playgroup team as a 1:1 Support Worker for a child with ALN, providing support for all aspects of care including play activities, supporting the child’s development and personal care.
Hours of work: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. term time only.
• Working as part of a team to ensure the environment is safe for all children in playgroup
• Being aware of all policies and procedures and being COVID aware
• Assisting with the set-up of playgroup activities
• Tidying away toys/resources at the end of the session
• Working closely with the supervisor, parents and outside agencies
• Implementing an Individual Play Plan and maintaining records
• Experience of working with children with ALN
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Current safeguarding certificate
• Level 3 qualification in childcare
• Current first aid certificate
• Experience of working with pre-school children
• Willingness to participate in relevant training
Closing Date: 26th October 2020
As this post will result in you having substantial contact with children, and/or vulnerable adults the successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Salary: TBC dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Employment Start Date: 2nd November 2020
Ysgol Gynradd Trelogan is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.