1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant
20 hours a week/39 weeks per year
Fixed Term to 09 July 2021 in the first instance
Woolden Hill Primary School have an exciting opportunity for a SEN Learning Support Assistant. This is a varied role and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual to support a child with learning difficulties.
• Minimum of 2 years of working with children in a learning environment or relevant NVQ qualification or able to demonstrate the ability to meet the STL Level 23 National Occupational Standards relevant to this post.
• GCSE Grade C or Level 2 qualification in Maths/Numeracy and English/Literacy
• Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant (or equivalent) supporting pupils in a classroom environment would be advantageous
WHY CHOOSE US:
Woolden Hill Primary School is a vibrant school where children are enthusiastic and motivated to achieve endless possibilities. The children are at the heart of every decision we make to ensure that they are happy, confident and the opportunities that are provided for them are relevant to their needs both now and in the future.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development
• Pension Scheme
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts
Closing date for applications: Midday Monday 5th October 2020
Interview Date: Week commencing 5th October 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
Woolden Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).