The Governors of Chorlton CofE Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced 1:1 Teaching Assistant, Level 1 SEND.
The successful candidate will be working 1:1 with a child or possibly various children and will demonstrate a commitment to working in an outstanding environment with excellent continuing professional development. The ability to demonstrate experience of working with children with SEND and in particular experience of working with children with Autism and providing speech and language support is preferable. It is desirable for the candidate to have some experience delivering programmes of Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Support in conjunction with other professionals.
The successful candidate will:
• Able to work on their own initiative.
• Be personable, friendly and have a good sense of humour.
• Committed to their own professional development.
• Dedicated to school improvement and the success of Chorlton CofE Primary School.
• Have the ability to work successfully in a team.
• Highly motivated individual who will ensure the best possible outcomes for the people they work with.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Suitably well qualified – preferably Autism level 1&2 trained
• Preferable to have experience in supporting a Speech & Language programme for pupils
• The successful candidate will need to have a good knowledge of how the children learn and possess excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
In return we will be able to offer you:
• Well behaved and motivated pupils.
• A friendly, supportive school community.
• Continuing professional development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to work in an outstanding school.
32.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm - £18,426 - £19171 per annum pro rata
Chorlton CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.