SEND Teaching Assistants: Supporting children with ASC 1 to 1
2 x Full Time (8:30 – 3:30pm): BG 6 (£19,171 pro rata, Actual Salary £14,403)
Fixed term until September 2022 or until funding ceases
We are looking for enthusiastic teaching assistants who enjoy working with children with SEND, have a passion for learning and will put the needs of our children first. You must have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to making a difference to children’s lives.
We are looking for flexible and confident team players who have experience of working with children with autism spectrum condition. The jobs involve supporting children with SEND on a 1:1 basis, and working in partnership with the class teacher, the SENDCO and external agencies.
You will have:
• Experience of working with children with ASC.
• A commitment to an inclusive education that meets the needs of individual pupils
• A good understanding of how to modify and adapt the school day to meet the needs of an individual child.
• An ability to be flexible, positive and good humoured; proactively seeking creative ways of meeting the child’s needs.
• High levels of maths and English
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Please see attached job description and employee specification for more information about the specific requirements of the role.
We can offer you:
• A thriving and vibrant school
• A happy and positive working environment and enthusiastic children who want to learn
• Opportunities for professional development and to make a difference within our forward thinking school
• Friendly, supportive colleagues who are committed to improvement
To book a school visit on Tuesday 22nd June 2021 at 4pm, please call or email the school office.
If you would like further information about the role please contact the SENDCO through the school office.
Closing date: Tuesday 29th June 2021 9am
Shortlisting: Tuesday 29th June 2021
Interviewing: Tuesday 6th July 2021
Whitehall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.