Westrop Primary School is an expanding, vibrant and welcoming school where the children are at the heart of everything we do. We strongly believe that through inspirational teaching, determination and a lot of love and laughter, the children in our school can achieve their greatest potential.
We are looking for a temporary 1:1 teaching assistant who:
- Loves working with children and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential
- Has energy, determination and self-motivation
- Has a commitment to pupil progress
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills
- Has experience of working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Works well within a team and shares our vision
- Is able to motivate children to become independent learners
As a school we can offer:
- Comprehensive Professional Development opportunities within and outside of the school
- A flexible and supportive team with a shared vision
- Welcoming, enthusiastic and well- behaved children who are eager to learn
- A dedicated team who are passionate about building on our good practice
- The opportunity to take the school onto the next stage of its development
The job will be on a fixed term contract until the end of the academic year, this contract may be extended if funding is extended. The role is 25 hours per work.
Westrop Primary School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore it is imperative that you provide all relevant information requested in order to meet this commitment. All appointments will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearances and references, which will be obtained prior to appointment. Proof of right to work in the UK will be required at the time of interview. Staff must work in accordance with the South West Child Protection procedures and Child Protection/Safeguarding Policy, and understand their role within the policy.
We actively encourage visits to our school where our Head Teacher will be delighted to show interested candidates around. Please email the school Head Teacher to arrange an appointment.
Hard copy and email application forms are acceptable, but must be on a Swindon Borough Council application form. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 1st November 2020
Interview date: Thursday 5th November 2020
Westrop Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.