Contract: 32 hours and 30 minutes per week (8:30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday, term time plus all INSET days). Specific purpose to support a named child. The contract will cease when the child leaves the school or is no longer in need of support.
Salary: BG7 spinal points 8-11: £20,493 - £21,748 pro rata (actual annual salary: £15,672 - £16,632)
Woodlands Academy is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant experienced in working 1:1 with children who have additional needs. The post will involve working with a Year 6 child who has complex emotional needs. The successful candidate will need to be trained in the following areas;
- Play Therapy
- De-escalation techniques
- Planning and delivering bespoke nurture sessions
The post is for an immediate start. It will cease on 31st August 2021, or whenever the child leaves the school; whichever is earliest.
We are looking for somebody to join our enthusiastic, committed and professional team of staff.
You will need:
• To work with the individual one-to-one and deliver a bespoke individual learning programme with specific daily interventions for literacy and mathematics
• To be a trained play therapist who can assist in building the child’s resilience, vocabulary and working memory
• To be able to plan and deliver bespoke weekly nurture sessions
• To work with a range of outside agencies
• To follow direction from the class teacher
• To be proactive in adapting resources and activities
• To complete relevant training where needed
• To be able to work as part of a team, with excellent communication skills, a sense of humour and the ability to share ideas and learn from each other
• To be able to build relationships with the child you are supporting, other children in the school and colleagues within the school and community
• To have high expectations for children’s learning, behaviour and personal development
• To be trained in de-escalation techniques to support a child with challenging behaviours as they occur
Closing date: Sunday 8th November 2020
Shortlisting: w/c 9th November 2020
Interviews: Thursday 19th November 2020
Start date: To be confirmed