Hours: 33 hours and 30 minutes per week (8:30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday, plus an additional 60 minutes CPD each week).
Contract: This contract is specific purpose. The successful candidate will work with a named child in Year 1 while we go through a process of identifying needs, providing intervention and applying for funding. The contract will be reviewed once the funding panels have taken place.
Salary: BG5 £18,933 - £19,312 pro rata (actual annual salary: £14,925 - £15,224)
Waycroft Academy is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our professional team of staff.
You will need:
• To be able to build relationships with the children and colleagues within the school and community
• To follow learning and behaviour plans to meet the needs of individuals
• To be resilient and be able to think on your feet
• To work with a range of outside agencies
• To follow direction from the class teacher
• To be proactive in adapting resources and activities
• To complete relevant training where needed
• To be able to work as part of a team, with excellent communication skills, a sense of humour and the ability to share ideas and learn from each other
• To have high expectations for children’s learning, behaviour and personal development
• To carry out some administrative tasks such as photocopying and laminating
• To provide intimate care support.
In return, we can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in an outstanding primary school
• An innovative, well-structured curriculum
• Friendly and supportive staff
• Children with a thirst to learn
• A well-organised programme of CPD
• Support from staff across the Multi Academy Trust
Closing date: Sunday 1st November 2020 (midnight)
Shortlisting: 2nd November 2020
Interviews: 9th November 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible