1:1 Teaching Assistant Temporary Vacancy
Grade 3 Scale Point 5 to 6 £18795 - £19171 (pro rata)
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, caring and enthusiastic professional to join our experienced and supportive team, starting as soon as possible. The successful candidate will work alongside a Y3 pupil who is being assessed for an EHCP.
You will need to be:
- a patient, resilient and motivated individual
- experienced in working with children with attachment needs, and social, emotional challenges
- an excellent communicator to establish positive home/school relationships
- passionate about promoting learning and achievement for all
- proficient in literacy and numeracy
- able to work effectively as part of a team and share our Vision
You will be required to:
- work with the individual under the direction of the class teacher and Inclusion Manager
- support the pupil with their additional needs whilst implementing planned learning activities/programmes as agreed with the class teacher
- show initiative and flexibility
- build effective relationships with children, parents and colleagues
- manage the pupil 1:1 and in a group scenario in a positive and calm way so they achieve the highest standards in their learning
We can offer you:
- welcoming, enthusiastic and well- behaved children who are eager to learn
- excitement, challenge and an opportunity to shine
- supportive, able and highly motivated team of staff to work alongside
- an inclusive community
- Professional development opportunities within and outside of the school
- A flexible and supportive team with a shared vision
The hours of work are 8:45am – 3:15pm Monday-Friday.
Please return the completed application by 9am 13th November 2020
Interviews: Friday 20th November 2020
The Palladian Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A satisfactory DBS check is required for this post prior to commencement. The postholder will be expected to contribute to the protection of children as appropriate, in accordance with any agreed policies and/or guidelines, reporting any issues or concerns to their immediate line manager.
Widcombe Church of England Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.