We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic, highly motivated professional to support a pupil, currently within EYFS, with special educational needs to access the teaching and school environment and facilitate effective inclusion and independence.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
• Will provide in class assistance, as required, to enable the pupil to access the curriculum throughout their time at Knighton Mead
• Has experience of working with children with difficulties in speech, language, communication and interaction
• Is able to maintain close liaison with teaching staff and assist in the assessment and recording of pupil progress and achievements
• Will promote the independence of the pupil at all times
• Is able to attend training and courses as appropriate
• Is able to attend staff meetings as required
• Will liaise with parents, colleagues and other professionals
• Has level 2/3 NVQ Teaching Assistant or equivalent and is competent in IT
The position is term time only, 30.8 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.40am till 3.20pm. The position is temporary based on the pupil being on roll at Knighton Mead
We can offer you:
• an opportunity to thrive in the continuously developing Academy
• a dedicated and professional team to support you
• numerous opportunities for continuing professional development
If you are interested in this post, please download the application pack or contact the academy office
• Closing date for applications: Wednesday 23rd June at noon
• Interviews: Tuesday 29th June
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our Educational Trust. All applicants will be expected to share this commitment. References will be requested prior to interview and an Enhanced DBS check will be required for successful applicants.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.