St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School
1.2 Learning Support 2 (1:1 Teaching Assistant)
Temporary for two terms
Weekly hours: 12.5 (term time only)
SCP Range: 1 to 4
Salary Range: £17,842 to £18,933 - Actual salary - £4942.04
Employment Start Date: Monday 22nd February 2021
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic, caring, patient person to work as a 1:1 support TA for 10 hours per week with a child with additional learning needs. The successful candidate will work under the direction of our ALNCO and the class teacher.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience of being a teaching assistant within a
• Have worked 1:1 with children with specific learning, physical and social needs associated with the child.
• Be a good team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Have high expectations of pupil behaviour.
• Contribute to the ethos of a friendly, happy school, in which the personal development and well-being is given the highest priority and
where both academic and personal qualities of children are recognised
As this post will result in you having substantial contact with children, and/or vulnerable adults the successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Closing Date: Tuesday 2nd February 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 11th February 2021
St Mary's R.C. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.