The role is to support pupils within key stage 2 and cover classes when teachers are absent.
Temporary until July 17th 2020 (with an opportunity for it to become permanent) 30 hours a week 8.30am – 4pm.
Grade G02, SCP 5 to 8, £18,795 to £19,953 FTE
• Very good numeracy and literacy skills, GCSE grade C or equivalent
• NVQ3 for teaching assistants or equivalent
• Experience of working in a school
• Experience of working constructively as part of a team
• High expectations for behaviour and standards of learning
• Experience of supervising whole classes
• Experience of working from teachers plans
• Basic knowledge of the Welsh language
• Experience of using a range of ICT skills e.g. Microsoft Office, use of Interactive whiteboards, use of SIMs, downloading photographs
• Knowledge of Inspire Maths scheme
See attached job description for further details
As this post will result in you having substantial contact with children, and/or vulnerable adults the successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Penarlag C.P. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.