“Golftyn CP School is a happy school, which has a welcoming and caring ethos. Most pupils make strong progress over their time in school. Standards of pupil’s wellbeing are high. Staff work together successfully and benefit from sharing their expertise and skills.”
Estyn Inspection Team – April 2016
An experienced Pupil Wellbeing Coach required as soon as possible, term time only, temporary initially until 26th March 2021,
15 hours per week, with possibility of extension to 20 hours
The role includes providing pastoral support to pupils who may have emotional needs and to support their wellbeing, helping them to access learning using appropriate strategies and resources. Running weekly chatterbox sessions for parents/guardians and other carers.
• Full working knowledge of relevant polices/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
• Working knowledge of national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
• Ability to relate well to children and adults
• Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
Completed applications should be returned to school by 3pm Wednesday 29th January. Interviews will be held on Friday 7th February.
As this post will result in you having substantial contact with children the successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Golftyn C.P. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.