Radyr Primary School
Post Refs: ED50052277 and ED50052279
2 Class Teachers
Foundation Phase Teacher Temporary Contract end August 31st
KS 2Teacher Temporary Contract from 02 November 2020 – 4th June 2021
The Governing Body of Radyr Primary School wishes to appoint a dynamic, innovative and flexible classroom practitioner to work alongside our dedicated team of staff.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
● the skills of an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of children’s behaviour and achievement;
● a commitment to developing innovative and reflective approaches to learning and teaching;
If you are a teacher with these qualities, attributes and skills we offer you:
● an opportunity to work in partnership with a motivated and conscientious team of teachers and teaching assistants who fully embrace and enthusiastically support the principles of an activity-based curriculum
● a motivated team of hardworking, enthusiastic colleagues; supportive governors and parents
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed applications must be returned to the School Office by email or by post, to Claire Skidmore at the school address by 12.00pm on Wednesday 14 October 2020.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 14 October 2020 at 12.00pm. Shortlisting will take place 16 October 2020.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.