Term time only
Magdalen College School, founded in 1480, is one of the country’s leading independent day schools.
We are seeking to appoint 2 Classroom Assistants to help facilitate the smooth running of our thriving and friendly Junior School. These appointments will start on 2nd September 2021 and run until 11th July 2022. These are full-time, term-time only positions, with the requirement to also work on Inset days.
Further details and application instructions are contained herein.
Magdalen College School is seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and versatile classroom assistants for the Junior School for the academic year 2021-2022. The successful candidates will enjoy a varied daily routine as part of a close team in the Junior School. There will be an emphasis on helping in the classrooms with our younger year groups but the list below will offer an idea of what else is to be expected, although it is not exhaustive:
• Work closely with the JS staff in assisting in the day-to-day running of a busy Junior School.
• Work with small groups of boys on reinforcement and enrichment tasks.
• Assist in the planning and preparation of specific resources for these groups together with the relevant subject teacher.
• Provide supervisory support during lunch and break time, and before and after school until 5.30pm, specifically overseeing boys who catch the school buses home.
• Help with sporting fixtures including the occasional Saturday (typically two per term)
• Accompany the J4 residential trip during the Hilary Term (during school week)
The Junior School
The Junior School, for boys aged 7-11, is a happy and highly successful part of one of the country’s leading independent day schools. It currently has 134 pupils in eight forms. Although the school has grown substantially in recent years, the intimate size helps to create a family-like atmosphere, where boys demonstrate a spirit of respect and tolerance. We aim to provide an education which enables each boy to acquire an independent and searching mind, to develop a broad range of extra-curricular interests, and to take pleasure in the life of ideas. Key dispositions such as kindness, perseverance, resilience and teamwork underpin all aspects of Junior School life.
The successful candidates will be friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and caring individuals who enjoy ‘mucking in’ and thrive in the company of children. This role would best suit a graduate or someone with some prior experience of working with children.