GRANGETOWN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Headteacher: Mrs S Chase
Number of pupils on roll: 374
Age range: 4-11 years
2 X PERMANENT TEACHERS
Post numbers: ED50051504
MPS / UPS Full time
To Commence 1st September 2021
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint excellent, highly motivated and enthusiastic class teachers who have the necessary skills to work in our multicultural and diverse school. We celebrate this, through our vision and values which drive every aspect of school life. All our children matter, and we are relentless in working to ensure every child is happy and succeeds in achieving their potential. We pride ourselves on being a supportive place to work and actively promote the wellbeing of staff, as well as pupils.
The successful candidate will:
● have a clear knowledge and understanding of how children learn;
● be an excellent practitioner with a relentless focus on developing pupils’ literacy and numeracy skills;
● use their excellent IT skills and knowledge of the DCF to support children’s learning;
● use a range of EAL strategies in their teaching to support EAL learners;
● use innovative and flexible teaching and learning strategies in line with the pedagogical principles outlined in Successful Futures;
● be experienced in monitoring and evaluating learning using the resulting knowledge to set challenging targets for each child;
● understand how to nurture, inspire and motivate children who encounter challenges in their learning;
● be committed to continuing professional development;
● be able to work in a team to deliver agreed targets;
● be keen to grasp leadership opportunities; and
● build excellent relationships with parents and the wider school community.
Applicants should in addition highlight other skills, curriculum expertise and previous teaching experiences, which qualify them for this role. Please note, the supporting information should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
These vacancies are suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Mrs S Chase, The Headteacher for a discussion.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned via email only by 12.00 pm midday 16th March 2021 to :- Fao Mrs S Chase, The Headteacher
Closing Date: 12.00pm Midday Tuesday, 16th March 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 23rd March 2021
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.