OAKFIELD PRIMARY SCHOOL
Headteacher: Mr David Harris
Opportunity to Achieve
2 X PERMANENT FULL TIME TEACHERS
NQT/ MPS / UPS
To start September 2022
The Headteacher and Governing Body of Oakfield Primary School are looking for two outstanding classroom practitioners who are fully committed to children’s learning, wellbeing and the raising of standards.
The successful candidates will need to have high expectations of pupils with a wide range of abilities and experiences. They must want to fully embrace the opportunities of working alongside an enthusiastic, hardworking, committed and helpful team of staff. They will need to be excellent practitioners who are able to enthuse and motivate pupils.
The successful candidates will be:
• strong motivational practitioners who demonstrate the desire to work within a committed team
• patient, calm understanding and caring
• able to teach in both Foundation Phase (including Early Years) and Key Stage 2 settings
• adaptable, flexible, resourceful and committed to excellence
• committed to working in an environment that fosters inclusion and equality
• ICT proficient in the delivery of lessons
• able to plan and deliver appropriate and challenging lessons for children of all abilities and have a very good knowledge of ALN
• able to teach Welsh as a second language
• able to commit to running an after-school club
• excellent interpersonal skills
• sound knowledge of behavioural management strategies
• team players with a very good sense of humour
• demonstrate excellent relationships with children and clear evidence of listening to, and acting upon, pupil voice
If this opportunity excites you, then we would like to meet you.
These posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Checks.
These vacancies are suitable for post share.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role may be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Mr David Harris, The Headteacher for a discussion.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned via email only to FAO Mr David Harris, Headteacher by 12.00 pm Midday Tuesday 7th June 2022
Closing date: Midday, Tuesday 7th June 2022 (Closing time and date will be strictly adhered to)
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 13th or Monday 20th June 2022
If applicants have not been contacted by the week beginning Monday 13th June 2022, then they should assume that they have not been successful in being shortlisted.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.