Salary: Grade 5, SCP 10-17,
Actual Salary £18,339 per annum
37.00 hours per week, 39 weeks per year, 8.15 am – 3.45 pm
The Governing Body wishes to appoint 2 excellent and highly committed Teaching Assistants to join the Pupil and Wellbeing Team (PAWB). The successful candidate must have experience be enthusiastic and reliable.
The school is seeking to appoint Level 3 Teaching Assistants who are able to work independently with small groups and to support individual students both in wellbeing and learning interventions. However, training can be provided for the right person.
The successful candidates will have excellent communication skills and be committed to working within a dedicated team that offers the highest possible standards of teaching and learning.
The ability to build relationships with both pupils and staff is essential.
The successful candidate duties will include:
• working under the direction of Heads of Year and Head of Pastoral to support access to learning for pupils
• establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
• supervising and supporting pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning;
• Delivering Bespoke programmes to pupils to help with progress in school
• Communicating with parents regarding issues in school
• Maintaining the pastoral data base of documentation
• A creative and inspirational thinker with lots of innovative ideas to share.
• An excellent team member with a positive attitude and a sense of humour.
• An effective motivator of children and their learning.
• Committed to developing children as independent learners and thinkers.
• Willing to contribute to whole school development.
• Confident to use their own initiative
Cefn Saeson Comprehensive is based in Cimla, Neath. We have recently moved into a 21st century new school building, which has extensive grounds. Pupils are aged between 11-16.
The school and Neath Port Talbot Council are totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our school is equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing. The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (child’s list).
You may apply online by downloading an application pack
Shortlisting will take place asap
Welsh Language: Not required
Cefn Saeson Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.