Hours: 20 Hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 12.30pm)
Salary: Hay 10 (£9,041 - £9,786 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2020 subject to budget review.
‘St. Stephen’s C of E Junior School is a place where teachers make lessons inspiring, motivating and relevant. Pupils thrive in all aspects of their learning.’ Ofsted September 2015
St. Stephen’s C of E Juniors is an outstanding school situated in Kingswood, South Gloucestershire and close to the City of Bristol border.
We are looking for two enthusiastic teaching assistants who have a passion for learning, will put the needs of our children first and have excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful candidates will be flexible and confident team players who have had experience working with children with special educational needs in a primary school setting.
The roles involve supporting children’s learning, assisting the class teacher, teaching groups or supporting the class while the teacher leads a group (under the guidance of a class teacher) and helping to make and maintain a positive, well organised and efficient environment.
• Have high levels of literacy and numeracy and excellent interpersonal skills;
• Be able to inspire, motivate and support our pupils, encouraging inclusion for all;
• Take every opportunity to develop pupils’ language, reading, writing and maths skills.
In return, we can offer:
• An outstanding, thriving and vibrant school;
• A happy and positive working environment and enthusiastic children who want to learn;
• Opportunities for development and to make a difference in our forward thinking school;
• Friendly and supportive colleagues who are committed to improvement.
We have two fixed term contracts available, working Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
Visits to our lovely school are warmly welcomed. These will be taking place on
Tuesday 25th February at 2pm
Please contact our School Business Manager, Kristina Parfrey, to arrange a visit.
Closing date is Friday 28th February at 12 noon.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
St Stephen's Church of England Junior School, Soundwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.