MARLBOROUGH PRIMARY SCHOOL
HeadTeacher: Miss Geraldine Foley
2 x TEMPORARY 1:1 TEACHING ASSISTANTS
POST REFS: ED50011461 - 24 hours per week
ED50228214 - 32.5 hrs per week
**Please indicate on your application form which post you are applying for**
Grade 3, SCP 3 – 6
£18,562 - £19,698 (Pro rata of FTE)
Term Time 39 Weeks pa
Required to commence as soon as possible – Initially 31st August 2021
This appointment is of a temporary nature due to the identified budget provision to provide SEN support in the school, to individual or groups of pupils, as directed. Budget provision has been identified initially until 31st August 2021. However, the appointment will be reviewed on a regular basis, taking into account any changes to the budget provided.
An opportunity has arisen for the school to appoint two hard working, enthusiastic, up-beat and self-motivated individuals to work as part of a close team.
Post Ref: ED50228214
The successful candidate:-
• Must have experience working in a 1:1 supporting role for children with specific learning/behavioural needs, specifically ADHD.
• Be able to forge strong relationships with the child, their family, the class teacher and wider team.
• Be a hardworking charismatic person to join our team here at Marlborough.
• Have a keen love of sport and a background in art is desirable to best support the child's needs and hobbies.
• Be creative, adaptable and pro-active.
• Have a dedicated approach to further developing their professional development; be eager to pick up new skills and have a strong desire to work as part of a dynamic and progressive KS2 team.
Post Ref: ED50011461
The ideal candidate:-
• Will enjoy new challenges and will be flexible and dynamic.
• Will have the ability to develop a strong bond with the pupil and excellent working relationships and daily communication with the both the class teacher and the family is essential.
• Have enthusiasm, be hard working, kind, caring and reliability are also essential skills to fulfil this role.
• As part of a hard-working and dedicated team the role will involve supporting a pupil with SLCD so it is essential that the ideal candidate has experience in supporting these specific needs as well as being a qualified teaching assistant.
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Post ref: ED50228214 - This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for these positions on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for these roles might be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Miss Foley, The Headteacher for a discussion.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Applications should be completed in full and returned via email only by 12.00 noon, Friday 11th December 2020 to: FAO Miss G Foley, The Headteacher
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.