TREMORFA NURSERY SCHOOL
Cardiff CF24 2TG
Headteacher:Anna Maria Bevan
2 X TEMPORARY TEACHING POSTS
MPS / UPS
ED50053062 – MATERNITY COVER Wef November 2019
ED50188353 – SECONDMENT COVER Wef November 2019
These posts are both temporary to cover the secondment and maternity of the permanent post holders and will continue until 31st August 2020, or the resumption/resignation of the permanent post holders, whichever is sooner. The Council reserves the right to prematurely end your employment (or to withdraw the offer of appointment if your commencement date has not passed), where circumstances determine it necessary to do so.
The posts are both expected to commence in November 2019 following the autumn half term.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen at Tremorfa Nursery School for 2 temporary full time experienced teachers to join our dedicated and hard working team.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic practitioner who is committed to:
• Nurturing children in all areas of development
• Providing a stimulating and challenging child centred environment for children
• Multi-agency work to support families
• Working to involve parents in their children’s development and well-being
• An enthusiastic practitioner with recent experience in an early years setting?
• Confident in your understanding of child development?
• Interested in working in a new and progressive way?
• Excited by the opportunities offered by the current curriculum reform?
• Passionate about improving life chances for all learners?
We can offer you:
• The chance to be part of a forward thinking and supportive team
• Opportunities to grow and develop as a teacher
• An opportunity to work in an innovative nursery school recognised as excellent by ESTYN
• An opportunity to input into a new and exciting school based curriculum driven by Curriculum for Wales 2020
• Lively and confident children who love to learn
These posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Checks.
These vacancies are suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for these positions on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works for an application pack quoting reference: ED50053062 and the job title.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned by 3.00 pm Monday 30th September 2019 to: - FAO Mrs Anna-Maria Bevan, The Headteacher, Tremorfa Nursery School, Mona Place
Cardiff CF24 2TG or via email
Closing Date: 3.00 pm Monday 30th September 2019
Interview Date: 7th & 8th October 2019
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.