Marlborough Primary School,
HeadTeacher: Miss Geraldine Foley
4 X TEMPORARY TEACHING ASSISTANTS
Post Refs: ED50156859; ED50158436 & ED50216223 - 32.5 hrs per week,
Monday to Friday, 8.45am – 3.45pm (with half hour lunch break).
Post Ref: ED50211941. Part time post – 6.5 hrs per week (Monday)
**PLEASE STATE ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM WHICH POST YOU ARE APPLYING FOR**
Grade 03 Scp 3 – 6
£18,562 - £19,698 (pro rata of FTE)
Term Time, 39 weeks per year Required 1st September 2021 – 31st March 2022
These posts are Temporary due to current budget constraints and Funding
An opportunity has arisen for the school to appoint hard working, enthusiastic, up-beat and self-motivated individuals to work as part of a close team. These are temporary posts until 31st March 2022
The successful candidates will have;
• A good knowledge of the seven areas of the Foundation Phase and the Programme for Study for Literacy and Numeracy;
• An ability to work with groups of children, both indoors and outdoors, to support their learning;
• the ability to establish good working relationships with the children, acting as a role model
• the skills to supervise and support children
• to work as an important member of the Marlborough team, helping with the display of children’s work and undertaking a range of tasks including photocopying, laminating and filing;
• to work independently and to develop child initiated learning;
• to track pupil progress within the programmes of study; to be able to use and apply whole school child protection procedures;
• You will need to be caring, flexible and have the ability to work as part of a high performing team. You will also need to be able to work both under the direction of the class teacher and use your own initiative.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people and expect all staff to follow our safe working practices.
These posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Checks.
The 32.5 hrs vacancies are suitable for post share.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Mrs Foley, The Headteacher for a discussion.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Applications should be completed in full and returned via email only by 12.00 noon, Wednesday 26th May 2021 to G Foley
Closing Date: 12.00 noon, Wednesday 26th May 2021
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
· aged under 25;
· not in employment, education or training;
· from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
· ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.