School: St Ethelwold’s VA School
Position Title: Cleaner 4.6
Part Time – 10 hours per week 3.15-5.15pm
SCP 1 to 4 From £17,364 To £18,426
Actual salary for this post £4692.97
Employment Start Date: 5th November 2019
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person who would like to provide a key role in maintaining our school site, to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
This is a part time post of 10 hours per week which would suit someone with a sense of pride in improving the look and appearance of our school.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To undertake work in a safe working environment, being aware of yourself and those around you.
• To follow good health and safety practices.
• Cleaning as a team or individually a designated area within the school.
• To be able to work under the instruction of Caretaker.
• To be able to work on your own initiative.
• Ensure that the designated areas are kept in a clean and hygienic condition in accordance with agreed schedule.
• Cleaning tasks may include washing, mopping, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, buffing, emptying of litter bins, dusting and polishing surfaces.
• Use of powered equipment e.g. buffing machine, vacuum cleaner
The successful candidate will work from 3.15-5.15pm Monday to Friday. These are guides and other hours could be negotiated
Application forms can be downloaded from e-teach and should be sent to the school address via post or email.
Closing Date: 18th October 2019 @12pm
As this post will result in you having substantial contact with children, and/or vulnerable adults the successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Further information may be found at:
School Address: St Ethelwold’s VA School
St Ethelwold's Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.